Opening #1: Service Technician
SP is hiring! We’re looking for another technologist to add to our team. Must have experience in computer technology solution development, a solid understanding of how computers and the Internet affect people’s work life and a strong desire to see regional businesses succeed. 1 year experience is preferred, but we won’t ignore passionate graduates and students.
The work is challenging and fun. You’ll be helping our managed services team build small and medium business networks. Your day will include IT helpdesk service and response, project planning and solution coordination. You’ll need to know how PCs, networks, servers and the Internet work together and be able to troubleshoot and solve problems when they occur. See below for the position details.
SP is the fastest growing and largest technology solution provider in central ND. If you’re looking to work for a tech company that has a Silicon Valley culture with North Dakota values, look no further.
Great benefits and pay package.
Provides initial response to all service tickets. Reviews assigned tickets and fills-in details as needed through customer calls or further research. Resolves support issues remotely where possible. Assigns Tier 2 support as needed. Assists Tier 2, Tier 3 and Dispatcher as needed.
Day-to-Day Essential Job Duties
1. Resolve Tier 1 tickets where possible.
2. Executes and monitors maintenance and support scripts in Remote Monitoring and Management software.
3. Provide remote technical support.
4. Follows repeatable processes and procedures for service technicians.
5. Troubleshoot a variety of computer issues.
6. Set up and understand computer and network security.
7. Configure computer networking.
8. Install Hardware and Software systems.
9. Escalate Tier 1 incidents that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 to Tier 2.
10. Schedule Tier 1 service tickets appropriately.
11. Resolve complaints and service issues.
12. Keep abreast of new company products and services.
13. Work with management on customer service initiatives.
Administrative Writing, Professional Communication, Microsoft Office, Organization, Analyzing Information, Problem Solving, Verbal Communication, Remote Support Tools, Ticket Systems (PSA Software).
Preferred Technical Skills and Experience
1+ years hands-on experience in IT service delivery and troubleshooting, 1+ years resolving computer and network issues via telephone and at customer site, familiar with a wide variety of brand, makes and models of routers, firewalls, switches, servers, PCs, database systems and enterprise software packages, 1+ years experience creating and maintaining positive customer relationships, CompTIA certifications.
High Level Expectations
Continued personal development in areas of leadership, always seeking knowledge in Managed Service Provider best practices as they relate to Job Duties, stay aware of and try to predict industry change as it relates to service delivery, continued acquisition of knowledge, skills and certification in relevant areas, interacts positively with existing customers and establishing relationships with new customers, sets a very high bar for self and others then encourages all to strive to reach it.